Adam works with M&S clients in the automotive and other highly regulated industries, helping them achieve their business goals while complying with state and federal consumer protection and privacy laws. He has advised businesses of all sizes on achieving compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and also has significant experience with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
Adam brings a unique understanding of the auto industry, fueled by his lifelong passion for performance cars. He works closely with the firm’s dealership clients, providing comprehensive counsel on a range of proactive and responsive legal matters including conducting compliance assessments and creating compliance programs, performing vendor due diligence, reviewing and negotiating contracts, responding to consumer complaints, and providing representation in litigation.
With a particular focus on helping businesses proactively build compliance efforts into their operations, he has conducted numerous regulatory compliance audits for clients and their vendors, enabling them to identify and address gaps before they cause problems with regulators or consumers. He has also created an automated auditing tool designed to help clarify and simplify Ohio Consumer Sales & Practices Act (CSPA) requirements for automotive dealerships.
While in law school, Adam received the Moritz Leadership Scholarship, and served as Staff Editor of the Business Law Review. His article, The Resurrection of the De Minimis Exception, was published in the Ohio State Business Law Journal. Adam has a long record of serving his community, both as a recipient of the prestigious Eagle Scout award from the Boy Scouts of America, and in his humanitarian efforts aiding Haitian refugees in the aftermath of the country’s 2010 earthquake.
- Assisted in developing privacy policies for a global auto manufacturer and its financing division, and advised on compliance programs to proactively meet CCPA requirements.
- Successfully resolved numerous consumer disputes, avoiding litigation or resulting in case dismissal.
- Performed contract review and negotiation with financial institutions and other partners to secure relationships and protect dealership interests.
- Created retail installment contract templates for automobile financing companies.
- Provided compliance assessments and ongoing counsel to large multi-franchise dealerships ensuring compliance with federal and state consumer protection laws related to retail installment contracts, deal jackets, marketing programs, and employee relations.
- Conducted regulatory compliance audits and ongoing counsel regarding the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) for a multistate contact center services business.
- Worked with state regulators to assist clients in obtaining telemarketing & buyers’ club licenses in more than 30 states.