Anthony is an Associate at Mac Murray & Shuster LLP, where he provides consumer protection compliance and litigation counsel to automotive dealers and other businesses in highly regulated industries. He regularly works with clients engaged in sales activity, charitable solicitations, data privacy, digital and telephone marketing, and lead generation in matters spanning the entire lifecycle of the consumer relationship. Anthony represents clients throughout government investigations and litigation from state attorneys general and federal agencies including the Federal trade Commission (FTC), Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (BCFP).
In addition to his work with clients, Anthony provides continuing legal education and other programs on trending consumer law topics at events geared toward attorneys and working professionals.
Anthony also serves in the Judge Advocate General’s Corps of the U.S. Army Reserve. He recently returned from a one-year deployment in Kuwait, where he served as the Deputy Command Judge Advocate for the U.S. Army’s garrison command. As the lead prosecutor advising an 800-person organization spanning four countries, Anthony represented the U.S. Government in federal employee matters, criminal proceedings, and administrative concerns holding the organization up to its own standards of performance and integrity.
Prior to joining M&S, Anthony clerked at the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), the Office of the Attorney General of Texas, and the 334th Texas District Civil Court.
- Litigated complicated civil lawsuits for dealership clients involving a variety of complex business and consumer disputes across the U.S.
- Provided federal criminal and regulatory subpoena responses for business clients
- Part of a team that has successfully defended class actions for TCPA violations in federal court
- Helped advise automotive dealership clients on multi-million dollar buy-sell and franchise agreements
- Drafted a complete consumer compliance manual and operational deskbook for a major Midwestern furniture retailer and provided continued compliance officer training
- Compiled many 50 state surveys for clients related to state and federal consumer protection laws