“Business leaders want their attorneys to work with the same urgency and efficiency they demand from their own teams. I’ve been in the client’s seat and seen things through their lens. I use that perspective to deliver advice that is laser-focused on solving their legal challenges.”
Greg works with Cannabis, CBD, and Hemp clients, advising both licensed operators and ancillary businesses on how to navigate the complex, highly regulated, emerging cannabis and hemp industries. Since its inception, Greg has immersed himself in Ohio’s medical marijuana program while assisting both small businesses and multistate operators with a broad range of services, including license applications, site selection, mergers & acquisitions, and regulatory compliance.
Greg brings a valuable combination of legal and business experience to his practice. His unique path to cannabis law began as a bankruptcy and creditors’ rights attorney and includes stops along the way as a successful multi-unit restaurant franchisee and co-founder of a craft beer distributorship. During his time as an entrepreneur and small business owner/operator, Greg learned firsthand the many legal challenges small and medium-sized businesses face daily and how to both prevent and mitigate them. His experience includes serving his fellow franchisees as an elected member and officer of a national advertising board, the president of a system-wide risk purchasing group, and an officer of the local franchise marketing co-op.
Leaning on his diverse background and entrepreneurial skills, Greg offers a holistic approach to his practice – one that considers each client’s unique business and legal needs to provide practical, cost-effective, and actionable solutions to their toughest challenges.
- Assisted 60+ clients with state medical marijuana license applications, advising on site selection, real estate contract negotiation, design review, zoning review, and business strategy.
- Served as an advisor to a startup software company serving the cannabis compliance sector.
- Provided a multistate cannabis operator with advice and oversight during pre-IPO due diligence.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Juris Doctorate, University of Cincinnati College of Law, 1988
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Cincinnati, 1984
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- National Cannabis Industry Association
- Ohio Medical Cannabis Industry Association
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Franklin County, Past Board President, and Board Member