Senior Attorney Chris Wager works with the firm’s Compliance and Litigation teams. In this comprehensive role, he helps clients nationwide understand and comply with state and federal telemarketing and privacy laws, and provides defense against government enforcement action and litigation in consumer protection matters.
Bringing more than a decade of experience, Chris has worked with businesses of all sizes across highly regulated industries including retail, financial services, healthcare, and energy. He has extensive experience with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and other telemarketing laws, and has helped businesses develop proactive compliance programs as well as successfully defended them in litigation and class action lawsuits.
Chris advises clients on a wide range of privacy and data security matters, including developing privacy policies, behavioral advertising, information sharing, cybersecurity, digital marketing, social media, and the collection and use of consumer data. He also provides counsel on advertising and marketing matters, including issues related to unfair and deceptive trade practices, sweepstakes and promotions, and loyalty programs.
- Defended multiple national retailers in TCPA lawsuits and enforcement matters.
- Advised multinational retail clients on numerous advertising and promotion campaigns.
- Advised companies on the implementation of new and emerging technologies including cross-device tracking, GPS analytics, and biometric data collection tools.
- Defended a national energy company in a TCPA class action lawsuit.
- Revamped a major retailer’s family of websites to ensure compliance with California Shine the Light laws, including implementing a process for receiving and responding to customer requests.
- Advised a national manufacturing company on labor and employment issues.