General Counsel Services
There’s no doubt about it: the legal issues impacting your business are wide-ranging, never-ending, and bottom-line impacting. No matter where your company stands in its lifecycle, you face diverse and often time-sensitive challenges shaped by a changing legal and regulatory landscape, new technology, and evolving social and cultural influences–all of which can easily overwhelm a small business with limited resources or a larger one with an already strapped in-house legal department.
With previous experience as in-house counsel themselves, our General Counsel Services team is a trusted partner to clients nationwide, augmenting in-house capacity or experience and serving as outside general counsel for businesses without their own legal department. From entrepreneurial startups to Fortune 100 enterprises, we help businesses meet day-to-day legal and transactional needs, navigate organization growth, proactively manage regulatory compliance, protect against vendor and other third-party liability, and much more. Because many of our clients operate in highly-regulated industries such as healthcare, consumer sales and marketing, financial services, and higher education, our additional experience as former consumer protection regulators brings added insight and value.
Our general counsel services are offered as a monthly subscription plan tailored to your business, delivering only the services you need and eliminating the uncertainty often associated with legal fees while providing peace of mind from on-call legal counsel. Learn how we can create a plan that works for you – providing the legal counsel you want, when you need it.
Our general counsel services include, but are not limited to:
- Corporate governance and preparation of necessary documents
- Corporate board management
- Employment and human resources matters
- Employee training and handbooks
- Contract drafting, review, and negotiation
- Vendor due diligence
- Professional services, technology, and other vendor agreements
- Confidentiality, non-compete, intellectual property protection, non-disclosure, and non-solicitation agreements
- Protection of intellectual property assets including trademarks and service marks
- Marketing and advertising compliance review
- Strategic planning
- Compliance with state/federal consumer protection and privacy laws
- Compliance audits and program development
- State licensing and registration
- Data security including emergency response and preparedness
- Early-stage litigation strategy, analysis, and response
- Arbitration and mediation services
- Response to demands related to regulatory investigations and enforcement
- Legislative and case law monitoring
At the core of every new product and service brought to market lies an organization’s creative, intellectual, and financial investment.