As Litigation Director at Mac Murray & Shuster, Lisa focuses her practice on the unique needs of businesses facing complex civil lawsuits. She has successfully defended businesses in highly regulated industries against class actions and government enforcement actions across the country. Lisa litigates in a variety of jurisdictions and has been specially admitted on a pro hac vice basis to federal district courts including Illinois, Texas, and California, where she has defended a variety of complex lawsuits as well as agency enforcement actions related to consumer protection laws and regulations.
Bringing more than 17 years of litigation experience, Lisa utilizes a litigation process that focuses on the unique business model, culture, and goals of her client to craft a defense strategy specifically targeted to meet that client’s goals. In addition to her litigation practice, she also assists clients with achieving industry and statutory compliance, conducting employee training, and proactively improving internal policies and procedures to minimize future litigation risks.
Lisa has been recognized for her outstanding professional achievements as an Ohio Super Lawyer®, Ohio Rising Stars for four years, an award given to less than 5% of all Ohio’s lawyers. She has also earned recognition in Columbus CEO Magazine’s List of Top Ohio Lawyers.
Lisa serves the legal community and its diversity initiatives through her ongoing Board participation in Women Lawyers of Franklin County, where she works to promote the advancement of women and minorities in the practice of law. Additionally, she has created and delivered educational programming to her legal colleagues, and often speaks to audiences on a pro bono basis about how to protect business interests and wealth through effective planning and compliance measures.
- Successfully defended clients in class action suits for Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) violations in federal court.
- Successfully defended clients in government enforcement actions in federal court.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for corporate client defending against class action claims and regulatory enforcement actions.
- Litigated complicated civil lawsuits for clients involving a variety of business disputes, including complex contractual disputes involving multiple business entities.
- Compiled 50 state surveys for clients related to debt collection, consumer protection laws, and compliance with Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Drafted comments with FTC and CFPB on behalf of corporate clients.
- Assisted clients with formal responses to Civil Investigative Demands (CIDs) and subpoenas.