Lisa focuses her practice on the unique needs of businesses facing complex civil lawsuits. She has successfully defended businesses in highly regulated industries against class actions and government enforcement actions across the country.
Lisa brings more than 15 years of experience assisting businesses and individuals in a variety of litigation, focusing on the unique business model and goals of her clients to build a defense strategy targeted to meet those goals. In addition to her litigation practice, she also assists clients with industry and statutory compliance and employee training, as well as proactively improving internal policies and procedures to minimize future litigation risks.
Lisa has been recognized for her outstanding professional achievements for four years as an Ohio Super Lawyer® Rising Star; an award given to less than 2.5% of all Ohio’s lawyers. She also earned recognition in Columbus CEO Magazine’s List of Top Ohio Lawyers for 2015.
Lisa frequently speaks at events on a pro bono basis about how to protect business interests and wealth through effective planning and compliance measures.
- Successfully defended clients in class action suits for TCPA violations in federal court.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for corporate client defending against class action claims.
- Litigated complicated civil lawsuits for clients involving a variety of business disputes, including complex contractual disputes involving multiple business entities.
- Compiled 50 state surveys for clients related to debt collection, consumer protection laws and compliance with Fair Credit reporting Act.
- Defended hundreds of Ohio liquor permit holders appearing before the Ohio Liquor Control Commission.
- Conducted multiple compliance training programs for Ohio liquor permit holders and their staff.
- Drafted comments with the FTC and CFPB on behalf of corporate clients.