Lisa is a partner at M&S, where she leads the firm’s Litigation practice area. With a concentration on consumer protection and privacy laws and regulations, she has successfully defended clients in highly regulated industries against class actions and government enforcement matters across the country. Lisa litigates in a variety of jurisdictions and has been specially admitted on a pro hac vice basis to federal district courts including Illinois, Texas, and California, where she achieved optimal outcomes in complex lawsuits and agency enforcement actions.
Lisa is a fierce and focused advocate for her clients. Bringing almost two decades of litigation experience, she understands the unique needs of businesses facing complex civil lawsuits. Her litigation process takes into account each client’s individual business model, culture, and goals to craft a defense strategy specifically targeted to meet that client’s objectives.
Recognizing the extraordinary liability often at stake in consumer protection matters, Lisa is also passionate about identifying and remedying compliance issues before they capture the attention of regulators or result in a lawsuit. In addition to her litigation practice, she assists clients with achieving industry and statutory compliance, conducting employee training, and proactively improving internal policies and procedures to minimize future litigation risks.
Lisa has been recognized for her outstanding professional achievements as an Ohio Super Lawyer®, Ohio Rising Stars for four years, an award given to less than 5% of all Ohio’s lawyers. She has also earned recognition in Columbus CEO Magazine’s List of Top Ohio Lawyers.
Lisa serves the legal community and its diversity initiatives in numerous ways, including active involvement with the National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF), where she serves on the Trials Practice Area Committee to educate others about litigation strategies and practice. She also has created and delivered educational programming to her legal colleagues, and often speaks to audiences on a pro bono basis about how to protect business interests and wealth through effective planning and compliance measures.
- Successfully defended multiple clients in class action suits for Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) violations in federal court.
- Successfully defended clients in government enforcement actions in federal court.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for corporate client defending against class action claims and regulatory enforcement actions.
- Litigated complicated civil lawsuits for clients involving a variety of business disputes, including complex contractual disputes involving multiple business entities.
- Compiled 50 state surveys for clients related to debt collection, consumer protection laws, and compliance with Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Drafted comments with FTC and CFPB on behalf of corporate clients.
- Assisted clients with formal responses to Civil Investigative Demands (CIDs) and subpoenas.