Michele is a founding partner of Mac Murray & Shuster, where she brings extensive experience in working with clients of all sizes involved in highly regulated industries. She has established a solid record of representing clients in consumer protection matters before state attorneys general, the FTC, and FCC, in addition to conducting regulatory compliance audits and providing counsel on advertising and privacy issues.
Michele currently serves as General Counsel to the Professional Association for Customer Engagement (PACE) and oversees its Self-Regulatory Organization program. In this role, and with her significant depth of experience related to TCPA compliance, she was an integral part of PACE’s successful challenge to the FCC’s 2015 TCPA Declaratory Ruling. She has an exceptional foundation in U.S. privacy laws and regulations and is accredited as both a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and Customer Engagement Compliance Professional (CECP) through PACE.
Previously, Michele served as Chief of the Ohio Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Section, where she was instrumental in creating Ohio’s Do Not Call laws. She is a past President of the Ohio Women’s Bar Association, and has been recognized for her achievements as an “Ohio Rising Star” by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine and in Columbus Business First’s “Forty Under 40” list.
Michele is a highly sought-after national speaker on consumer protection regulatory issues, frequently addressing both state and federal government regulatory agencies and serving as keynote presenter to leading industry groups.
- Represented many clients in matters before FTC and FCC, and in investigations by state attorneys general.
- Orchestrated successful appeal of 2015 FCC TCPA Declaratory Ruling on behalf of leading industry association client.
- Obtained dismissal of numerous TCPA class action cases with no payment to plaintiff.
- Designed and implemented marketing compliance programs for dozens of companies ranging from entrepreneurial startups to Fortune 100 companies.
- Extensive speaking experience on topics related to consumer protection defense, telemarketing, and call contact center regulation.
- Advises non-profit, debt collection, telemarketing, and call center clients on proactively achieving compliance with state and federal regulations.